Organisational Development and Change
At the end of the course the student will have the ability to:
- Describe and explain the steps involved to effectively manage organisational change in different of contexts and settings.
- Understand different types and terminologies of organisational change.
- Apply different concepts to understand organisations.
- Understand the type and significance of various drivers of organisational change.
- Understand the nature and significance of various impediments to organisational change (e.g. organizational inertia, resistance to change).
- Understanding of the OD practitioners role as a change agent.
- Explain organisational change processes from different role perspectives (e.g. change agent, change target, leader, middle-manager).
- Understand and appy different tools that are used to diagnose organisations as well as interventions used to bring about change through hands-on experience.
Overview of organizational development
- The nature of planned change
- The organization development practitioner
The process of organization development
- Entering and contracting
- Diagnosing organizations
- Diagnosing groups and jobs
- Collecting and analyzing diagnostic information
- Feeding back diagnostic information
- Designing interventions
- Leading and managing change
- Evaluating and institutionalizing organization development interventions
Human process interventions
- Individual, interpersonal, and group process approaches
- Organization process approaches
- Restructing organization
- Employee involvement
- Work design
Human resources management interventions
- Performance management
- Developing, and assisting member
Strategic change interventions
- Competitive and collaborative strategies
- Organization transformation
Special applications of organization development
- Organization development in settings
- Organization development in nonindustrial settings: health care, family businesses, school systems and the public sectors.
- Future Directions in organization development
Book Title -: Organization Development , The Process of Leading Organizational Change, 2nd Edition
Author/s -: Anderson, D.L.
Publisher -: Sage Pulications, 2011
Book Title -: An Experiential Approach to Organization Development, 8th Ed.
Author/s -: Brown, D.R. & Harvey, D.
Publisher -: Prentice Hall, c2011