Creative Process for Business Major - MG 430
- To examine the competitive advantages of the business compared to the existing and potential competition
- To evaluate and focus on the opportunities which are available in either the macro or the micro markets.
- To identify the target markets and describe the benefits/drawbacks of the products or services on offer.
- To explain how to create sustainable advantages for a business in the long run.
- To analyze the entrepreneurís aspirations and ambitions and the need to take risks.
- To evaluate the relationship between all the links in the entire value chain.
- To explain and justify the CSFs (critical success factors) and how these may be applied.
- Creativity and its importance in business
- Blocks to creativity
- Theories of creativity and the creative problem solving process
- Objective finding, fact finding and problem finding/definition
- Morphological analysis and related techniques
- Brainstorming and its variants
- Lateral thinking and associated methods
- Big Picture Thinking
- Paradigm breaking techniques and ideation methods
- Implementation ideas
- Computer-Assisted Creative Problem Solving
CAPT (Center for the Advancement of Process Tech)l Process Technology Equipment, 1/e Pearson Prentice Hall. 2010
Anupindi, Chopra, Deshmukh, Van Mieghem & Zemel. Managing Business Process Flows, 3/e Pearson Prentice Hall. 2012